The National Ballistics Intelligence Service (NABIS) provides fast time intelligence linked to the criminal use of firearms. NABIS is tasked with linking firearms incidents across the UK to help develop a national understanding of the use, supply, importation and manufacture of illegal firearms. NABIS forms part of UK policing as part of the NPCC’s portfolio, and works closely with the National Crime Agency, UK Border Force and Government Departments.
You will be able to demonstrate that you can effectively meet conflicting demanding deadlines and performance targets whilst remaining flexible and responsive to changing operational circumstances. You will have good IT, planning and organisation skills, as well as effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Research and analytical processes.
• Preparing and presenting reports.
• Articulating, discussing and debating complex issues.
• Using the NABIS database.
• 24 days annual leave (plus bank holidays); increasing to 31 days after five years’ service.
• Access to a Corporate Health Cash Plan and wellbeing website.
• The opportunity to save on travel costs through a Corporate Travel Scheme.
• The option to join a generous Local Government pension scheme.