Regional Environmental Enforcement Officer position available!
Regional Environmental Enforcement Officer
3GS is a specialist service provider focused on the provision of environmental enforcement services, using up to date technology to deliver the most effective solutions to combat environmental crime.
We are looking for two self-motivated and enthusiastic people to join our team of Enforcement Officers.
Previous Enforcement experience is not essential, as full training will be provided.
· To routinely foot patrol streets and public places to enforce environmental legislation and issue fixed penalty notices to offenders who commit criminal offences by the means of littering. You would be operating regionally between our four contracts in the North of England (Leeds, Bradford, Manchester, Boston). You will work as a representative local council brands as well as that of 3GS (UK) Ltd.
· You will be based at either our Leeds office or our Manchester office.
· Interacting directly with clients and offenders.
· Preparing and submitting witness statements
· Attending court to give evidence if and when necessary.
· Ensuring you are working in accordance with relevant legislation, guidance, policies and procedures
· Operating and uploading body camera footage
· Carrying out ID and address checks with Head Office
· A calm and assertive manner with the ability to deal professionally and diplomatically with people from all backgrounds.
· A resilient character, as some interaction with the offenders, can occasionally be confrontational.
· Ability to defuse hostile situations professionally.
· Good observational and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills for report writing and speaking with members of the public.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and on your own or as part of the team
· Capable of being on your feet and walking for long periods and in varying weather patterns
There are two vacancies available for this role.
£18,500 per annum plus mileage costs covered.
The standard working rota is;
Monday – Friday, working an 8 hour shift between the times of 7.30 – 19.30. You may occasionally be required to work weekends and bank holidays.
28 holidays per year plus an additional bonus leave day per calendar quarter if achieved 100% attendance.
6 days company sick pay