Secretariat Support Officer - Police
Red Snapper Recruitment are currently looking for an experienced Secretary/Receptionist to work on a full-time, long-term contract with a local Police Force in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
To provide a comprehensive administrative service to the Chief Officer Team, to ensure the smooth running of the Department.
1. Lead by example and behave in line with the Police Code of Ethics ensuring that the force values and behavioural expectations are clearly understood and considered by managers, officers and staff in their decision making and actions; reinforcing and influencing them through all interactions and processes.
2. To record, action, manage and distribute where appropriate, all correspondence received in the Chief Officer Team, preparing responses where appropriate.
3. Organise and oversee all Chief Officer Team Board Meetings in line with the annual Strategic Governance Cycle requirements. Liaise with appropriate colleagues to ensure all meetings are planned into the Chief Officer diaries in line with existing commitments.
4. Ensure the timely preparation of agendas and supporting documentation for Chief Officer Board Meetings. Ensure all paperwork is presented in the appropriate format to each Board Meeting.
5. To minute all Chief Officer Board meetings and produce an accurate record of discussion and outcomes in the relevant minute style as previously outlined by the respective Chief Officer.
6. To actively contribute to the development and improvement of the administrative systems within the Secretariat Support Office.
7. To support the secretarial needs of the Chief Officer Team, as directed by line managers. Tasks to include typing, low level research and low-level planning.
8. Oversee ordering and stock rotation for stationery, consumables, direct issues and office supplies for the Chief Officer team as a whole.
9. Undertake any other secretarial support work as directed including working at different locations. This is to provide business continuity and enable the Chief Officer Support Team as a whole to fulfil force wide needs
If you have any questions, or if you wish to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org