Environmental Enforcement Officer - Boston
Environmental Enforcement Officer
3GS is a specialist service provider focused on the provision of environmental enforcement services, using up to date technology to deliver the most effective solutions to combat environmental crime.
We are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic people to join our team of Enforcement Officers. These are permanent positions based in Boston.
Previous Enforcement experience is not essential, as full training will be provided.
· To routinely foot patrol streets and public places to enforce environmental legislation and issue fixed penalty notices to offenders who commit criminal offences by the means of littering. Currently patrolling in the town centre but also covering outer district areas as the contract expands. You will work as a representative of the council brand as well as that of 3GS (UK) Ltd.
· Interacting directly with clients and offenders.
· Preparing and submitting witness statements
· Attending court to give evidence if and when necessary.
· Ensuring you are working in accordance with relevant legislation, guidance, policies and procedures
· Operating and uploading body camera footage
· Carrying out ID and address checks with Head Office
· A calm and assertive manner with the ability to deal professionally and diplomatically with people from all backgrounds.
· A resilient character, as some interaction with the offenders, can occasionally be confrontational.
· Ability to defuse hostile situations professionally.
· Good observational and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills for report writing and speaking with members of the public.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and on your own or as part of the team
· Capable of being on your feet and walking for long periods and in varying weather patterns
The standard working rota is;
40 hours per week, 5 shift per week over 7 days (weekend/bank holiday) rota basis determined locally
28 days holiday per year
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.